The quick upload functionality is available through the media gallery management section of the Control Panel. It allows you to upload one or more files to a media gallery without being forced to apply any properties for the file. When you quick upload files, Telligent Enterprise assigns each file name as the title of its file and truncates long file names. After you quick upload a file, you can change the file properties, including the title.
HTML4-based uploads are not supported in this release. HTML5’s File API, Silverlight, or Flash will be required for uploads. (When using IE, Flash or Silverlight is required because IE does not support the HTML5 API.) For general page rendering, both HTML4 and HTML5 are supported.
The originator of any file is automatically subscribed to email notifications for comments (unless you turn off notifications).
To quick upload a file:
Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > Manage My Media Galleries > [media gallery] > Manage > Files. The list of files displays in the workspace.
Click Quick Upload. A dialog window displays.
- Click Browse. The Select files to upload by [host] window appears.
- Select multiple files that you wish to upload. (Press Shift on the keyboard while you select files if you want to select a series. Press Ctrl on the keyboard while you select files if you want to select files out of sequence.)
- Click Open.
- If the uploads are successful, your dialog will now resemble the one below. Click Save.
The files you selected are now uploaded to the media gallery.
Limitations of the multiple file uploader
- The file uploader is bound by file size limits set in the Control Panel and by server storage limitations.
- The file uploader is limited to uploading 25 files at a time.