This is a new widget in Telligent Enterprise 3.0.
Displays posts with similar content, across the applications or groups chosen in the widget's configuration. The similarities between your selected post and the recommended posts are determined by Solr's algorithms.
Where it works
This widget works on blog post, wiki post, forum thread, and media file pages.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Recommended Content widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
You can change the following options. Note: If you do not select content type or group to pull from, the widget will return all similar post results.
- Widget Title - Click Change and enter a new title to change the name, such as from "Recommended Content" to "You might also like...".
- Select Content Type - Select the check boxes for the types of content you want to pull. If you select only some of the items, only those types of items will appear. If you don't select any options, results will be pulled from all four types.
- Select group to pull from - If you don't select any groups, the widget will pull from all groups you have access to. However, it will not include subgroups unless you select the Include sub-groups check box.
- Number of items to display - Specify how many related items you wish to see in the list.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.