New in Telligent Enterprise 3.0: This release features a Widget Studio which you can use to tailor a widget to your needs, then export it or import it to your site to create a singularly customized experience.
You can easily view which widgets are available from developers by clicking the Browse Telligent Marketplace button under Actions in the Manage Widgets tab.
You can import multiple widget XML files at the same time using this action.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studiio > Manage Widgets.
- Under Actions, click Import widgets. The Import widgets dialog appears.
- Click Browse and navigate to the widget file(s).
- Click Open in the browse window. The widget file name appears in the Widget file field.
- As desired, navigate to and select other widgets to import.
- If the widget(s) replace existing ones, you are prompted with a check box to either replace the existing widget(s), or import them as new ones.
- Click Import Widgets.
- Enable the widget.
Export a widget
This option appears when you edit a widget. You might use this function to export the file for one customized widget so it can be used on another site.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Manage Widgets.
- Mouse over the desired widget to expose the Export button.
- Click Export. The Opening Widgets.xml dialog appears.
- Select Save file. (Also select the "Do this automatically..." check box if you don't want to be prompted again.)
- Click OK. The widget saves as the Widgets.xml file to default download location.