Now you can include any number of the customized profile fields you've created for your community on the registration form when new people join the community. Choose what fields should be presented, in which order, and whether or not they're required.
To customize your registration form:
- Define any custom profile field you want to capture, including whether or not it's searchable.
- Navigate to a user-related page, such as the user profile.
- Enter Edit Page mode for the theme.
- Click Select page.
- Select the user-createuser page in the Select Page drop-down list.
- Click Edit selected page.
- Click the User - Login and Create widget's configuration icon.
- In this widget's configuration, select the profile field that you added in step 1. The available profile field list will look something like:
- Choose whether or not this will be required by selecting the Required check box shown in the following illustration.
- Click Save in the Configure Create User widget dialog box. The profile field will display in Edit Page mode. An asterisk next to a newly added field indicates it is a mandatory field. This is because we selected the Required check box when adding it.
- Click Save as Default in the Edit Page mode page.
From this point on, users will be asked to enter this profile information upon logging into the site. If you decided to check the Required check box, they will be required to do so.