The General page allows you to set forum post properties. You can
- Enable RSS feeds and thread status tracking
- Specify the number of items to display on a page
- Enable anonymous user posting
- Specify the number of threads and posts to display on a page
To set the General page properties:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Forum Administration > Configuration > Global Forum Settings > General.
Set the General page properties:
Enable RSS Feeds for public forums - Enabled by default. Telligent Enterprise generates RSS feeds for all public forums. A public forum is defined as a forum to which anonymous users (the Everyone role) have View and Read permissions.
Enable Thread Status Tracking - Disabled by default. Allows the creator of a post to mark the status as not set, answered or not answered.
Enable Post Mouse-Over Popup - This setting is not used in Telligent Enterprise 3.0.
Enable Forum Post Moderation Counters - Disabled by default. Enables post-level moderation history moderation lists to display.
Allow User Posting as Anonymous - Disabled by default. Allows authenticated users to create posts anonymously. This option is only displayed if Anonymous posting is enabled. To disable anonymous posting remove the Reply permission from the forum and from the Global Permissions.
Allow Post Tagging - Enabled by default. Controls whether users can both create and assign tags to a forum post they have created and browse posts by tags.
Default Items/Feed - The number of items returned per feed.
Posts/Page - The number of posts to display on a page.
Mark New Posts as Read (Days) - After the user-defined elapsed period has been exceeded new posts are marked as read. The result is that the forum will not be shown as having new posts and the post will not be displayed in the unread section, irrespective of whether or not the user has read it.
Thread Date Filter - Specifies the filter to use by most recent publication date.
- Click Save to apply the settings.
- Editing - Provides post editing properties.
- Attachments Provides post attachment properties.
- Duplicates -This settings provides duplicate post properties.
- Popular posts - Provides criteria for measuring popular posts.