Site configuration allows you to set up your your site's properties. The properties are global settings that are applied across your site.
You can also enable or disable all of your site root applications (forums, blogs, wikis, and media galleries).
This section contains the following articles:
- Basic site configuration - Site name and description; date and time settings, and formats.
- Configure site RSS settings - enable RSS feeds and searches of syndication feeds.
- Configure the membership points system - Enable and configure how site member points are awarded.
- Email Settings page - Set notification email address; enable/disable email; select encoding method, and set the SMTP server.
- Enable or disable Email Digest - Enable users on your site to receive weekly or daily email digest updates from their groups.
- Enable/disable activity message logging - Specify which activity message types to log.
- Enable/disable site-wide activity logging - Enable or disable activity display in the Activity Message List.
- Enable/disable site-wide applications - Enable/disable each kind of application: forum, blog, media gallery, and wiki for the entire site.
- General site settings - Set the site default URL, meta description and keywords, copyright information, Terms of Service, EULA graphic display, activity logging, conversations, HTML header addition, and Google Analytics.
- Manage plugin modules - Enable video players, login clients, activity story types, and more.
- Site advanced configuration properties - Editor options, secure RSS access, file viewer options, IP address tracking, post settings.
- Editor Options page - Determine the kind of spell checking is available on the site.
- Enable secure RSS access - Enable a token security feature that community members can use to access RSS feeds securely.
- IP Address Tracking page - Track the IP addresses of users who are thought to have posted abusive content.
- Post Settings page - Specify site-wide settings for your site's posts for post censorship, emoticons, featured content, and forum ratings.