The page layout functionality allows you to customize the look and feel of your Dashboard. You can change the number of columns the page uses and the placement of the columns. (Bear in mind that some widgets, such as the Blog - Post List widget, look best in double columns.)
Select a layout from templates
Choose a template
To change your layout:
- Click Edit Page in the upper-right corner of your Dashboard.
- Click Change layout in the top-left corner of the widget area. Page layout templates appear. You can scroll for more options.
- Select a layout by clicking it. The page previews how it will be displayed.
- When you are happy with the layout, you can either click Save page, or change where the widgets are located.
Place the widgets
Any widgets which are grayed out in Edit Page view are locked onto the page by the admin. While they can be moved, they can't be removed from the page.
- To change where a currently used widget is placed, click the mouse and hold the button down. Drag the widget configuration bar to the desired location. An outline of the widget configuration bar appears in that location if your placement is successful.
- Release the mouse button. The widget anchors into place. You can change widget configuration at this point, if you desire.
- To save the layout, click Save page.
Import a page layout
In order to successfully import a page layout, you must have an exported page layout available. The layout must match the theme that the page is currently using (for example, the evolution2 theme). If the export page is configured for a different theme, the import may not be successful. An admin might have to change a theme configuration before you can use an import in a different theme.
- Click Edit Page at the top-right corner of the page. The editing toolbar appears, exposing an import/export button.
- Click the Import/Export button. The Import/Export Layout dialog box appears.
- Click the Import tab.
- Navigate to the XML page layout file, for example common-home-Evolution2-Users-Page.xml.
- Click Open in the Windows dialog box.
- Click Import in the Import/Export Layout dialog box. The page reappears with the layout provided by the import file. You do not have to save the page in order to apply the layout.
- If you are unsatisfied with the page's presentation, you can enter Edit Page mode again and select either Revert to default, which will revert to the previous saved default, or you can change the layout.
- You can now rearrange widgets by entering Edit Page mode again, if desired.