The Telligent Enterprise Suite marries business with IT, designers with developers, and enterprise investments with social technology. The suite integrates social tools into the workplace, not bypassing your existing investments in enterprise technology such as Microsoft SharePoint. It ensures that your business can extract the maximum amount of value from the tools you already have.
We have introduced over 50 new enhancements with a completely optimized employee experience:
Social search and discovery
- Speed information and expert discovery with completely redesigned search that presents and organizes results along multiple social dimensions including content type, groups, authors, tags and more.
- Encourage employee connections with an enriched user experience that delivers a quick burst of information as well as one-click access to start conversations and initiate friend requests by simply hovering over any user name or avatar in the community. You can easily configure this widget to include key profile information specific to your employee community.
Social context and content
- Deliver timely information to employees in the context of how they work with easy-to-manage group-specific daily or weekly email digests that entice people to interact with their peers in the community.
- Promote relevant information to employees based on their interests and actions with smart content recommendations that are automatically generated from the community.
- Using the newly-integrated calendar application, enable open, invitation-only or approval-required event registration and keep participants informed with notifications for new events.
- Take community design to the next level with easy-to-use themes for user experience that empower community administrators to configure employee communities in a way that organizes widgets, layouts, colors, and fonts into best practice blueprints.
- Leverage the out-of-the-box user experience, which has been redesigned to incorporate best practices for user interaction, create a new user experience by doing a simple “save as” to make changes, or download a shared user experience from the Telligent Marketplace.
- Connect employees anywhere, anytime with a mobile user experience that is optimized for modern, touch-screen mobile devices, including the Apple iPhone, the BlackBerry Torch and Android phones.
- Enhancements to mobile include rich interaction where employees can, via their mobile devices, ask questions; start discussions; review, reply, and verify Q&A.
- Employees can now view and easily navigate groups of interest, and within each group, view members; access applications, view group-specific activity, and navigate to sub-groups.
- From their mobile devices, employees can also friend their peers as well as view and accept pending friend requests.
Other new features
Editable headers and footers - The Edit Page mode has expanded in release 3.0 to let you customize headers and footers through the GUI instead of requiring changes to config files. Find out more about the widgets that are used in the header and footer and page customization in the Customization Guide.
Widget Studio - In this release, we push the boundaries of customization in a completely accessible yet upgrade-safe way by utilizing the Platform APIs to configure widgets from the GUI. All factory default widgets that ship with the product use the same Platform APIs offered to you for customization. New widget management tools enable you to edit factory default widgets, create new ones, associate them with themes, and import or export them. A unified plug-in model and management has been introduced as well. Find out more about the Widget Studio in the Customization Guide.
Custom navigation - Telligent Enterprise 3.0 introduces three new widgets that give you more control than ever before over user navigation paths. Navigation - Group, Navigation - Custom, and Site - User Navigation are all customizable tabs or navigation bars that take users to destinations you configure for the site, groups, applications, or content pages.
Theme portability and extensibility - In Telligent Enterprise 3.0, themes are contained in completely portable files - opening up new possibilities for themes. Using GUI access to our upgrade-safe Platform APIs, you can create new themes, save themes as new ones, import them, and export them at the site, group, and blog level. Widgets are now associated with themes and are included in the theme export. In this release, it's possible to make themes available or obtain themes from the Telligent Marketplace. Find out more about theme possibilities in the Customization Guide.
AppFabric caching - Telligent Enterprise 3.0 introduces compatibility with AppFabric caching, Microsoft's distributed solution to create speedier processing times.
Changes in this release
The changes below are not exhaustive. For more information, see the Release notes.
- Email templates have changed names.
- Widgets use the same API and implementation syntax in this release.
- User points system now only supports points rather than including forum posting performance.
- Managing ranks in the user points system is based on points instead of forum posts.
- Telligent Job Scheduler provides automatic logging.
- Licensing supports wildcard domains.
- SSL security is extended.
- Telligent Evolution platform utilizes .NET 4.0.
- Theme files are now located in the Filestorage folder instead of the Themes folder.
- The Edit Page user experience is improved. There is now only one button instead of a separate Customize button, and the controls are much more clear about how the page changes will be applied.
- The data model has been refactored for Blogs, Forums, and Media Gallery. The cs_Posts and cs_Sections tables were removed and applications (blog, forum and media gallery) were moved to their own tables.
- A very robust Platform API now supports the Core UI, email template and extensions.
- Namespace change from CommunityServer to Telligent.Evolution.
- Due to the conversion of GLOW controls to jQuery plugins and also due to plupload component updates, HTML4-based uploads are not supported in this release. HTML5’s File API, Silverlight, or Flash will be required for uploads. (When using IE, Flash or Silverlight is required because IE does not support the HTML5 API.) For general page rendering, both HTML4 and HTML5 are supported.
The following widgets have been added in this release:
- Navigation - Custom
- Navigation - Groups
- Recommended Content
- Redirect to SSL
- Search Result List
- Site Search
- Site - User Navigation
- User - File List
- User - Hover
- User - Login and Create
You can find information about configuring and using these widgets in the Customization Guide.
The following widgets are discontinued in this release:
- Blog - About
- Blog - Link List
- Blog - News
- Edit Article (site article)
- Forum - Banner
- Forum - Breadcrumbs
- Forums - Filtered Thread List
- Group Contact
- Media Gallery - Media Gallery Hierarchy
- Media Gallery - Delete File Form
- Online User List
- Search Form
- Site Navigation List
- Sitewide Application Navigation
- User Badge
- User List
- User Registration Welcome
- User Status
- Wikis - Comment List
- Wikis - List
Widget changes from 2.6 to 3.0
A list of these changes is located in the Developer documentation.
Several pages were removed from Telligent Enterprise. See the list of removed pages.
See the release notes.