Currently, the behavior of the Media Gallery – file list widget is such that the default sorting is by name. This was a result of a design change from the previous version, in which previously the default sort/view was by date. The steps to reproduce this are indicated below:
- Login to your community site.
2. Navigate to a random group that has media gallery application type.
3. Click on Files tab from the Group Navigation bar.
4. Under 'media gallery - file list' widget, by default, Name tab is selected.
There is no configuration setting in the UI that allows this behavior to change, however, there is a way to edit the widget inside the widget studio to change this behavior.
- Navigate to the control panel of your community.
- Go to Site Administration
- Go to Widget Studio, manage widgets.
- Search for Media Gallery File list widget and click edit.
- Go to the Standard.vm tab and make the following change on line 9
Change line to read #set($sortBy = 'PostDate')
‘PostDate’ will change the sorting to view by last posted date order. ‘Subject’ is sorting by name. Other values can be ‘Downloads’ and ‘Rating’.
6. Save the widget for the appropriate theme you are using. If you have more than one theme, be sure to save it for all the themes.