Profile synchronization allows user profile information sharing between between Telligent Enterprise and SharePoint. You can update your profile information in either system and see the changes reflected in both systems.
This solution has been develop and tested on the following platforms:
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Telligent Enterprise 3.0
The following sections explain how to configure profile sync in Telligent Enterprise and SharePoint.
Configuration in Telligent Enterprise
- Perform the initial setup of Telligent Connect for Microsoft SharePoint.
- Deploy Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.SharePoint.ProfileSync.dll to the bin folder in your Telligent Enterprise instance.
- In the SharePoint Profile Sync dialog, click Options.
- Configure the following options in the Options tab:
- External user email field name - Enter the name of the user email field in SharePoint (for example: Email).
- External user ID field name - Enter the name of the user ID field in SharePoint (for example: ID).
- Click Save.
- Click External Authentication.
- Configure the following options in the tab:
- After you have completed the configuration, click Save.
You have completed the configuration portion in Telligent Enterprise. We will now move to configuration of the solution in SharePoint.
Configuration in SharePoint
- Ensure that the feature, by way of Telligent Connect for SharePoint, has been deployed to your SharePoint Site Collection.
- In your SharePoint Site Collection, navigate to Site Settings for your Site Collection.
- Locate Telligent Evolution Settings and click User Profile Administration.
- On the User Profile Administration page:
- If you have enabled the User Profile service as part of your SharePoint setup, select Enable User Profile Properties.
- If you do not have the User Profile service enabled, leave the box blank.
- Once you make a selection based on the information above, use the drop-down menus to map SharePoint profile information. The options include:
- Once you have completed the mapping, click OK. You will be returned to the Site Settings page of your SharePoint site.
You have now completed configuration of SharePoint Profile Sync.
Scheduled jobs: Managing the synchronization
Below is information about the Job Scheduler that supports the SharePoint User Profile Sync.These jobs can be configured as you normally would to run at specific intervals to manage the synchronization.
1. Go to Start > Run > Services.msc to find and then stop the Telligent Job Scheduler.
2. Deploy SharePoint Profile Sync .dll to the folder that contains the Telligent.JobScheduler.Service.exe. This is typically your Tasks folder.
3. Open the tasks.config file, typically found in the Tasks folder, and add the following between the <jobs> tags:
<job schedule="* */15 * * * ? *" type="Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.SharePoint.ProfileSync.Jobs.ProfileSyncJob, Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.SharePoint.ProfileSync">