By default, Telligent Enterprise:
- Tracks anonymous users by capturing IP addresses. This is most relevant for forum posts since this is usually the most active area of a community. Anyone with the Forum - Moderate permission can see the IP address of the person who posted each forum post.
- Writes a cookie for anonymous users called CSAnonymous that lives for 20 minutes after first load of the site.
To change the way visitors to your community are tracked:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Membership Administration > Configuration > Cookie and Anonymous User Settings.
- Set or change the following settings:
- Roles Cookies Enabled - Follow any user in a specific role with an encrypted cookie.
- Track Anonymous Users - Control whether or not forums track anonymous user IPs.
- Roles Cookie Name - The cookie used to track roles, with the default being CSRoles.
- Cookie path - Controls the path of site cookies.
- Roles Cookie Expiration - The amount of time a role cookie is kept, with the default being 20 minutes.
- Anonymous Cookie Name - The name of the cookie used for anonymous users, with the default being CSAnonymous.
- Anonymous Cookie Expiration - The amount of time an anonymous user cookie is kept, with the default being 20 minutes.
- Cookie Domain - If desired, create cookies that are insensitive to the domain, or if your community spans multiple subdomains, specify your subdomain in this field. Its default is localhost.
- Anonymous User Online Window - How long to track the number of users accessing your site, with the default being 30 minutes.
- Click Save. It may take up to 15 minutes for your changes to take effect across your community.