When you add a content page, you gain the ability to customize the page a great deal more - such as by adding multiple widgets and controlling the page layout - than you would by adding a site-wide article. Telligent encourages administrators to utilize group content pages for group information distribution.
A site, group, or blog owner can add additional content pages from the Control Panel to URLs that he/she defines. These pages can be managed from the Control Panel and can be customized to contain any widget. The content pages also display in search results if they contain text content.
Add a blog content page
Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > My blogs > [Select group] > Manage > Content pages.
Click Add Page. The Create New Content Page dialog box appears.
Enter a title in the Title field, and enter a URL for the page in the URL key field (example: kittensandpuppies).
Click Create Content Page. Afterward, the new page appears in the Content Pages listing.
You would be able to view your page at <site URL>/<group name>/b <blog name>/p/<content page URL>, for example http://localhost/telligententerprise40/newpublicopengroup/b/newpublicopengroup2_blog/p/kittensandpuppies.aspx.
At this point, you can:
- Rename - Give the page a new name.
- Layout - Change its layout.
- Copy - Copy the content page.
- Delete - Delete the page.
Rename a content page
- Click Rename.
- Enter the new page name.
- Enter the new URL key.
- Click Save. The changes appear in the Content Pages tab.
Change a content page's layout
- Click Layout.
The page's Edit Page mode layout bar appears.
- Select the desired page layout. Alternatively, you can import a page layout.
- Click Save and exit Edit Page mode. The page layout works when you navigate to its URL when you enter Edit Page mode to make changes to the page (such as adding widgets to your blog's new content page). Don't forget to save changes if you edit the page.
Copy a content page
- Click Copy.
- Enter a new name and URL key in the Copy <page name> dialog.
- Click Save. The page appears in the content page list.
You can view the new page at its URL. Note that the page will be an exact copy, with the same, widgets, and content.
Delete a content page