We provide two ways to create a blog: through a particular group (for administrators or group owners) or through blog administration (only accessible by administrators).
Create a blog through a particular group
- Click Create new blog in the Blog - Links ("Administration") widget. The Create New Blog window appears.
- Specify a name for the blog in the Blog name field. Note: The title can be up to 256 characters long.
- Select a group in Blog group.
- Click Create.
Create a blog through group administration
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Group Administration > Groups.
- Select the group in which you want to add a blog. You may need to click on the plus sign beside a group name to expand a group if you want to add a blog to a subgroup.
- Click Edit. The Group Options page appears.
- Navigate to the Applications tab. Each group, when first created, includes one application of each type (blog, forum, wiki, file gallery) unless not allowed by licensing (that is, if you have the maximum number of blogs or other applications, a new one will not be automatically created). Each application is named with the group name and its type of application. Review the blogs already included within the group to ensure another blog within the group is appropriate for your community.
- To add a blog, click Add blog. The Create New Blog window appears.
- Specify a unique Blog name that is shown to all community members who have access to the group.
- Optionally, specify how you want the blog's name to appear in its Web address. If you don't specify the URL, a default one will be created on the basis of the name (for example, "awesome blog" would be called "awesome_blog" as a default URL).
- Accept the shown Author or close this option and begin typing the author's username. Search will find the name. Note that you cannot change the Blog group.
- Click Save.