You can either create a brand new role and determine the permissions you want that role to have or you can clone an existing role that is close to what you want to grant for permissions and only make slight changes.
To create a new role for your community:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Membership Administration > Members and Roles > Manage Site Roles.
- Click Create a new role.
- Specify a unique Name for the role. This is not shown anywhere but within the Control Panel.
- Optionally, provide a Description of the role so that you and other administrators can understand its use within your community.
- Choose the permissions that you want to grant to the role from the Available permissions list.
- Use the right single arrow button (>)to move the selected permissions into the Granted permissions list. You can move all permissions at one time using the double arrow buttons.
- If you want to include a role icon for the role, locate an image file to use via Browse...
- Click Save. Your new role is displayed in the Site role drop-down list as confirmation that the role was successfully created.