The following screen capture shows part of a weekly Email Figest. A daily Email Digest looks similar.
Weekly Email Digest
Email digest is enabled by default, allowing registered users to independently change or change email digest settings. However, the feature can be disabled at the site level if you prefer.
Email Digest capabilities
Email Digest does:
- Provide daily or weekly summaries of group activity
- Allow you to choose your frequency (daily or weekly) for each group's feed
- Allow registered users to subscribe to a digest for Joinless groups
- Allow only members of a group to subscribe to the group's digest
- Allow private group members to subscribe to a digest of activity in a private group
Email Digest does not:
- Include application-specific digests
- Automatically subscribe anyone, including group owners, to a digest
- Update existing subscription mechanisms to support digests
- Send all digests immediately and concurrently
- Add additional summary to the Activity Story Stream content
- Allow Anonymous user to subscribe to any activity feed
- Deliver a daily digest until the next day after
- Combine digests for groups
Email clients supported, partially supported, or not supported
The following sections summarize client support with Email Digest.
Email clients which are recommended and fully supported
These clients have received a full test pass.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
Email clients which are also supported
These clients have received a partial test pass.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Windows Live Mail - hosted - Hotmail
- Apple Mail 4.x
Email clients which are not officially supported
These clients have not received a test pass.
- Yahoo! Mail
- Outlook Express, 2000, 2003
- Windows Live Mail - desktop