You can set the roles and permissions properties for your media gallery on the Permissions page. The Permissions page is available only in the media gallery editing functionality.
You can add an unlimited number of media galleries to groups or to the media gallery site root and control user activity by assigning permissions to the user roles. Some permissions are obviously designed for administrators, such as the edit media gallery settings and moderate permissions, which require access to the Control Panel. Other settings are designed for more general users, such as permissions for reading and commenting on files. For other permissions, such as creating new threads, you will have to decide whether to make them available to all users or only to administrators, or whether you want to create customized roles to control those permissions. (Read more about permissions and user roles in Telligent Enterprise.)
To set media gallery permissions:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Media Gallery Administration > Galleries and Groups > Media Galleries > [gallery name].
- Click Edit.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Set the media gallery permissions:
- Media Gallery - Attach Files Locally - User can attach files located internally to the gallery.
- Media Gallery - Attach Files Remotely - User can attach files located externally to the gallery.
- Media Gallery - Auto Approve Posts - Posts created by user are automatically approved and do not require moderation.
- Media Gallery - Create Comments - User can comment on gallery files.
- Media Gallery - Create Posts - User can upload files to the gallery.
- Media Gallery - Delete Comments - User can delete comments.
- Media Gallery - Delete Posts - User can delete gallery files.
- Media Gallery - Download Files - User can download files from the gallery.
- Media Gallery - Moderate - User can moderate files. File moderation is enabled on the File Options page in the media gallery management functionality.
- Media Gallery - Edit Media Gallery Settings - User can access the Media Gallery Administration section of the Control Panel. This permission should be restricted to users with administrative privileges.
- Media Gallery - Edit Posts - User can edit all files in the media gallery.
- Media Gallery - Override Validation - User can upload any file type even if the type is restricted and view inactive posts (only via Web services).
- Media Gallery - Rate Posts - File rating functionality is available to the role having this permission. Any user with the rate posts privilege should have the read posts functionality as well.
- Media Gallery - Read Posts - Role can access files and read them. This role is usually given to users without administrative privileges. You will want to ensure that roles with administrative privileges also have read permission.
- Click Save to apply the settings.