You may find that a topic has generated multiple posts in your forum. You can centralize the data from all of the posts by merging all of the threads into one post. You can also separate the merged posts at a later time if needed.
To merge one post thread into another:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > Forums moderation.
- Click Moderate to display the threads awaiting moderation. The Posts page displays the options available, including Join.
You will need thread IDs in order to combine them. Find the destination post (that is, the post whose title will appear in the forum) ID first. A quick way to do this is to mouse over Join for the source post and view the post ID in the bottom of the browser window.
Click Join on the source post (that is, the posts whose title will no longer appear in the thread) you want to combine with the destination post. The Join dialog appears.
- Enter the destination post ID in the Post ID field of the dialog box.
- Click Find ThreadID. The action and posts will be displayed in the dialog when Telligent Enterprise locates the destination post.
- Verify that the correct post IDs are shown in the dialog box.
- Click Merge Threads in the dialog. The source post will no longer be displayed. The post you originally clicked to moderate is added post you joined it to as a reply. You may still need to approve the destination post to view the thread.