Allows users to add a file folder to the Web site. The folder and its files added are displayed in the user home page Files tab.
The Enable User Files property must be enabled on the User Files page to use the Add User Folder widget.
When added, the folder and the files placed in it appear on the user's home page Files tab. However, for this tab to appear, it must be enabled in the Site - User Navigation widget. If the Files tab is not enabled, you can navigate to the page directly (as an admin) at <site name>/members/<member name>/files/default.aspx, ex. http://evo2.org/telligentevolution/members/admin/files/default.aspx.
Where it works
This widget works on the user page file.
- This widget is part of the Default configuration for the platform, which means it is available for an administrator to add to any theme using the Manage Widgets tab.
- This widget is available via the Manage Widgets tab with modifications specific to the Enterprise theme.
Enable user files
Enable user file storage on the User Files tab.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, select and place the Add User Folder widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- In the Widget Title field, you can click Change and enter a new title.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.
Configure the Site - User Navigation widget, selecting the Include files link check box.