Displays a sortable list of blogs on the Web site. You can sort blogs by:
- Blog name
- Groups (if Show blog group name is checked)/subgroup (if Show data from group and all subgroups is checked)
- Post number
- Last post
You can navigate to the blog by clicking on the blog title.
This widget requires search to be installed in order to work.
This widget works on the group home page.
- This widget is part of the Default configuration for the platform, which means it is available for an administrator to add to any theme using the Manage Widgets tab.
- This widget is available via the Manage Widgets tab with modifications specific to the Enterprise theme.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page on the group home page, then select and place the Blog - Browse Blogs widget.
- Click Configure in the widget menu bar.
- You can change the following properties for the widget:
- Widget title - If you enter a new widget title and click Change, the title will change
- such as from "Blog - Browse Blogs" to "Browse Blogs."
- Show blog name - Blog title.
- Show blog group name - Blog's group.
- Show post count - Number of posts.
- Show latest post date - Most recent post.
- Show Data from Groups and All Subgroups - If checked, displays blogs from
the site root, groups, and subgroups.
- Number of results to display - The number of blog results to display.
- Default sort order- Applies a sorting filter.
- Application name - Sorts the blogs in alphabetical order.
- Posts - Sorts the blogs by the greatest number of posts, from most to least.
- Last post - Sorts the blogs by most recent posts, from the blog with the
most recent to the oldest.
- Include current group's name in title - The parent group is included in the title.
- Include Search box (when more than 3 results) - Includes word-wheel search capability for blogs.
- Click Save in the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.