Similar to the way the Blog - Post widget only displays a blog post when a blog post is defined in the current context, the Core - Message widget only displays the message defined in the current context.
Where it works
A message is within the context of the <site name>/msgs/default.aspx page, but on other pages, no message is generally available.
- This widget is part of the Default configuration for the platform, which means it is available for an administrator to add to any theme using the Manage Widgets tab.
- This widget is available via the Manage Widgets tab with modifications specific to the Enterprise theme.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- Move the widget to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page on the page, then select and place the Core - Message widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
You can change the widget's title from "Core - Message" to another name by clicking Change and entering the new name.
- Click Save in the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.