This is the Enterprise theme view of the widget. (Note that in release 4.1, the widget may appear with star ratings instead.)
In Telligent Enterprise 4.1, you can select the type of feedback for a thread and post receives: ratings, likes, or both ratings and likes. In Telligent Enterprise 4.0, the like capability was added to the Forum - Thread widget.
Displays the contents of a forum thread.
Where it works
This widget works on forum post pages.
- This widget is part of the Default configuration for the platform, which means it is available for an administrator to add to any theme using the Manage Widgets tab.
- This widget is available via the Manage Widgets tab with modifications specific to the Enterprise theme.
- If you mouse the upper-right corner of the thread in the Enterprise theme, the moderation drop-down menu appears. The moderation items are at the bottom of the Default theme version.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Forum - Thread widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
Release 4.0 widget configuration
In this dialog, you can:
- Change the widget title - Click Change and enter a new name.
- Show inline replies - Specify whether or not to show a forum post's inline replies on the thread list.
Additionally if you are using release 4.1, you will now see an option to select what kind of feedback a thread or post can receive.
Release 4.1 widget configuration
You can select from:
- Ratings - With this option, threads and posts will display stars for you to rate the post.
- Likes - With this option, threads and posts will display a like button and the number of members who have liked the thread or post.
- Ratings and Likes - With this option, threads and posts display both the star rating and like button options and include the number of members who have liked the thread or post.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.