The Generic Content widget allows you to create a custom widget that displays any rich text message, image, video, etc. on your group home page.This widget is used in both the page header and footer to display site logos out of the box.
Where it works
This widget works on just about any page on the site, including the body, header, and footer.
- This widget is part of the Default configuration for the platform, which means it is available for an administrator to add to any theme using the Manage Widgets tab.
- This widget is available via the Manage Widgets tab with modifications specific to the Enterprise theme.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Generic Content widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
In the Options tab content area, specify the widget contents in the Rich editing mode window.
In the Style tab, specify the following properties:
- If desired, change the title of the widget by clicking Change and entering a new title in the Widget Title field.
- Add a graphic or clip - Click Insert Image or Insert video.
- Add text - Begin typing and utilize the formatting features of the widget to individualize its look.
- Add an internal or external link - Add linking text, then click Insert/edit link and enter the URL.
- Add HTML code - Click HTML and copy the code into the window, then click Update.
Background color (which, when you click the window, opens a color picker window):
- Either click the right color or enter the hex code for the color in the Background Color field.
- Click Select/Upload.
- Click Save.
Background image (this image can be uploaded from the dialog or selected from currently uploaded images on the site):
- Click Select/Upload.
- Navigate to the image.
- If you want to specify the height and width of the file you upload, do so in the Options tab.
- Click OK to exit the upload dialog.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Header or Save Footer, if that's where you're editing.
- Click Save Page.