Displays the list of places (home and applications) selected for the group in a navigation format. The tabs can be added, deleted, or reordered. If multiple instances of an application or place are present, the tab becomes plural (blog --> blogs) and links to the appropriate browse widget (such as Blog - Browse Blogs).
If an application is not enabled, or is disabled, its tab is not available in this widget.
This widget requires search to be installed in order to work.
Where it works
This widget works on group home pages.
- This widget is part of the Default configuration for the platform, which means it is available for an administrator to add to any theme using the Manage Widgets tab.
- This widget is available via the Manage Widgets tab with modifications specific to the Enterprise theme.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Group - Application Navigation widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
You can change the following options:
Click Change and enter a new widget name if desired, such as changing from "Group Application Navigation" to Group Places."
- Click Add to add navigation items. Out of the box, the widget is configured to show the home tab and any applications (e.g., blog, wiki) you have enabled for the group. Possible navigation places include:
- Content page
- Custom URL
- Group blog(s)
- Group forum(s)
- Group media gallery/galleries
- Group members
- Group mentions
- Group tags
- Group wiki(s)
- Single blog
- Single forum
- Single group
- Single media gallery
- Single wiki
When you select an item above, a context-appropriate Add Navigation Item dialog appears. For example, if you select single blog, the dialog requests the blog to which the tab will link.
You can also delete an item or edit the link type or label.
Click Save in each single navigation item dialog as you finish.
- In the widget configuration dialog, reorder the tabs however you wish them to appear. The capture below shows that Forum has been moved from the third item in the widget to the first item.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.