Note: In 4.5, this widget gained the Notification Queue and removed the @ tab. See this article to configure the 4.5 version.
In Telligent Enterprise 4.0, the Mentions tab was added.
Provides shortcuts to admin-configured links for frequently visited core pages. Can also be used to provide a link for inviting someone to join the community.
In order for the Invite link to work, you must have enabled the account activation "invitation only" option at Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Membership Administration > Configuration > Account Settings > Registration Settings.
Where it works
This widget works in the site-level header section of the Edit page functionality. By placing it in the site level header, you assure that users can view this widget on all pages.
- This widget is part of the Default configuration for the platform, which means it is available for an administrator to add to any theme using the Manage Widgets tab.
- This widget is available via the Manage Widgets tab with modifications specific to the Enterprise theme.
- The Enterprise theme version of this widget uses the term "bookmark" in place of "favorites." The Default theme uses "Favorites."
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page.
- Click Edit Header.
- Select and place the Site - User Navigation widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
You can configure:
Note: The options available to individual users will vary depending upon the user's permissions and which options are manually enabled.
- Widget title - You can change this widget's title, such as from "Site - User Navigation" to "User Navigation Links," by clicking Change and entering the new name.
- Additional configuration options
You can use the drag-and-drop functionality to manually re-order the items in the list, affecting how they are displayed on the finished page. Options for configuration include:
- User information - Links to the user's avatar and a link to his/her user profile.
- Invite - See the limitation above about when this link works.
- Conversations - Displays a (list, link) (of, to) the user's conversations.
- Mentions - Shows a list of the last 10 places where the user or groups where the user is a member were mentioned.
- Settings - Links to the user's site settings.
- Bookmarks - Displays a list of groups containing bookmarks or, if you click View all the Bookmarks tab in the user's profile.
- Register - Visible only on the anonymous sign-in page.
- Sign in - Visible only if the user is signed out.
- Sign out - Visible only if the user is signed in.
- Browse groups - Displays a list of groups; links for viewing the entire list of groups and adding a new group; and a search field to locate a specific group. The group sort order in the drop-down list is based on their presentation order in the tree structure on Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Group Administration > Groups > Groups. (Depending on the number of subgroups the groups have, the drop-down shows up to three columns of 10 groups each.)
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save and exit the header.
- Click Save Page.