User - Hover widget configured to display the language field
Allows you to add the user as an associate or send him/her a private message if this user has that capability configured.
Displays any badges attained and other useful information about a user when you hover your mouse over his/her username. The information displayed is context-sensitive and can include:
- Add/remove as friend
- Send a private message
- Start a conversation
- Recent activities
- Custom profile fields (chosen in widget configuration)
- Point badge or role badge
This widget differs from the User - Badges widget in that it can only be placed in the page footer.
This widget can only be edited in the editable footer.
The informational fields you configure to appear in the hover-over only appear if the user has filled them in on his/her profile.
Where it works
This widget is placed in the footer of all site pages by default and appears contextually.
- This widget is part of the Default configuration for the platform, which means it is available for an administrator to add to any theme using the Manage Widgets tab.
- This widget is available via the Manage Widgets tab with modifications specific to the Enterprise theme.
You don't normally have to enable or place the widget. It can be removed by a site admin, but not by a group or blog admin.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
Note: The only place you can change configuration options for this widget is the site home page footer. All other pages' User - Hover widgets inherit settings from that widget.
- Click Edit Page, then select Edit Footer.
- Select and place the User - Hover widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
While the User - Hover options are context-sensitive, for example the ability to add him/her as a friend, you can also select up to two informational fields that appear when appropriate:
- AOL IM
- Google IM
- Office phone
- Public email
- Windows Live IM
- Yahoo IM
- Move the selected user profile fields from the available column to the selected column (or vice versa to deselect fields) using the > and < arrow keys.
- Order the selected fields using the up and down arrow keys beside the Selected Fields column.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Footer.
- Click Save Page, select an option, and click Save Page again.