If you are already using a created user ID to log in, you will see the sign-in mode. If you are a new user who has not created an ID yet, you will see the create mode.
Sign-in mode with sign-in name option selected
Sign-in mode with username or email address option configured
Create mode with ReCaptcha enabled
In Telligent Enterprise 4.0, you can configure the User - Login and Create widget to let users sign into the community with their sign-in name or their email address. You can enable ReCaptcha for the create option to validate new members.
Signs in existing users and creates new user IDs for non-members. You can use this widget to collect other information and, if desired, make it required for registration or sign-in.
Where it works
This widget works on the create user page and common login page.
- This widget is part of the Default configuration for the platform, which means it is available for an administrator to add to any theme using the Manage Widgets tab.
- This widget is available via the Manage Widgets tab with modifications specific to the Enterprise theme.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the User - Login and Create widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- Configure the following fields:
- Determine whether you are using this widget for user creation or user sign-in. Select the appropriate mode in the Mode drop-down.
- If you specify Create mode, it will prompt a user for his/her email address and new password with password confirmation. (Note: To change the create mode, configure the widget on the User Create page.)
- To use Captcha to validate a new user, select the Enable Captcha on Create User check box.
- If you specify Sign-in mode, it will prompt a user only for for the the sign-in information you specify in the next field. (Note: to change the sign-in mode, configure the widget on the Common Login page.)
- In the Login type drop-down, specify the login type you want the widget to enable:
- Sign in name - Requires the user to specify the sign-in name he/she uses in the community.
- Email address - Requires the user to specify the email address he/she furnished when joining the community.
- Username or email address - The user clicks option he/she wants to use, and furnishes the information.
- If desired, you can add up to two additional fields to the widget, which will appear under the heading "Details," and you can make them required information if you desire. Move the fields you want to request from the left column to the left column - for example, Language - using the > key. If you make the field(s) required, the Join Now button will be grayed out until the field(s) are populated.
- Click Save.
- If desired, Add a Terms of Service requirement:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Setup > General Site Settings.
- In the Terms of Service field, enter a URL for your Terms of Service agreement. (Recommendation: To create a TOS specifically for this community, create a content page [Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Content > Content Pages]. Copy the URL to that page and enter it in the TOS field in Site Setup.)
- Click Save. The "I agree to the Terms of Service" check box will appear on the widget.
- If you want to use this widget for regular login, make sure you don't have the Registration Settings invitation option set to "email only." If you use this setting, password fields will not appear on the login page.