Displays a group of user profile fields, depending upon the particular kind of user.
Note: If you have the LDAP package installed and have enabled LDAP profile access, the LDAP profile groups show data directly from LDAP - thus enabling users to view and update LDAP via their profiles. If you don't use LDAP groups, the data is only stored locally within Telligent Enterprise.
You can only select one profile field per instance of this widget.
Where it works
This widget works on the user Profile tab.
- This widget is part of the Default configuration for the platform, which means it is available for an administrator to add to any theme using the Manage Widgets tab.
- This widget is available via the Manage Widgets tab with modifications specific to the Enterprise theme.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
Click Edit Page, then select and place the User Profile Fields widget.
Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
Enter the following configuration items:
- Profile Field Group- Select the grouping of fields to display:
- About - Birthday, location, gender, and language.
- Basic Information - LDAP Enabled - Title, Department, and office (in an LDAP community).
- Basic Information - Non-LDAP Enabled - Title, Department, and office (in a non-LDAP community).
- Contact - Public email, blog, gallery, Web site, Facebook, AOL IM, Yahoo IM, Google IM, Windows Live IM.
- Contact - LDAP Enabled - Email, Office phone, mobile, Web site (in an LDAP community).
- Contact - Non-LDAP Enabled - Email, Office phone, mobile, Web site (in a non-LDAP community).
- Show Profile Information For - Select which user to display profile data for:
- Contextual User - The user profile you are in.
- Accessing User - Logged-in user.
- Read only check box - The user will be able to edit his/her data unless you select this check box.
Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.
Customize profile fields