In Telligent Enterprise, you can replace an out-of-the-box widget for a particular theme. (This capability is not related to import/export.) Using this feature, you can:
- Use a widget you've saved off as a new version to replace an out-of-box widget for one theme.
- Use a third-party widget (perhaps purchased through Telligent Marketplace) to replace some or all instances of a widget in one theme.
Note: A widget that is not scoped to one page, such as Group - Application Navigation or User - User Navigation, will be replaced in all locations where it is located.
The theme in which you want to replace the widget must already be installed on your site, and the new replacement widget must already be listed in the Manage Widgets tab.
To replace a widget:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Replace Widgets.
- In the Select Target Theme drop-down, select the theme containing the widget you want to change out.
- In the Select Target Widget drop-down, select the widget you want to replace. The Select Widget Containers list appears.
- In the Select Widget Containers check boxes, select the containers (that is, pages) on which to replace the widget. These are the same page names you see when you use the Edit Page mode Select Page list. The Select Replacement Widget drop-down list appears.
- In the Select Replacement Widget drop-down, select the widget you want to use as a replacement. The Configure Replacement widget options appear.
- Depending upon the widget you select as the replacement, different configuration options will appear in this form. These options may vary from the base widget's out-of-box configuration options.