Content pages in Telligent Enterprise 4.0 allow a site administrator, group owner, or blog author to create his or her own content pages using Telligent Enterprise's drag-and-drop widget experience.
The management experience for content pages can be accessed:
- As a site administrator - Access the site content page administration interface from the Control Panel (System Administration > Site Administration > Site Content > Content Pages).
- As a group owner - Access the content page administration interface from the Administration panel by clicking Manage content pages.
- As a blog author - Access the content page administration interface from the Options panel by clicking Manage Content Pages).
From the resulting panel, you will be able to view all of the currently created content pages in that context; create new content pages; edit existing content pages, and delete content pages you no longer want to have on your site.
Adding content pages
To add a new content page, click on the Add Page button at the top right-hand side of a manage content pages tab. The Create New Content Page dialog box appears.
In the Title field, type the title of the content page you would like to create. For URL Key, type any string of letters and numbers (no spaces or special characters) that will create the URL address to your content page. For example, for a new page called "Special Events," you could use "Special Events" as a title and "specialevents" as the URL key.
Managing content pages
The Control Panel interface for managing the content pages is exactly the same whether you are managing the content pages for the site, a particular group, or a particular blog. The following actions can be taken:
- Clicking on the name/title of the page will navigate you to that page as end users will see it. The URL is always the path to your root area + /p/<URL Key>.aspx. For example, if you want the URL for the Documentation article above, and your main site URL is www.mycommunity.com, your URL to navigate to the content page would be www.mycommunity.com/p/documentation.aspx. If the page is in a group instead, you would include the path to the group in the URL. The same holds true with content pages inside of blogs.
- Clicking Rename will reload the dialog box and give you a chance to rename the title and/or the URL of the page. Note: Any links you might have made to the page will break if you change the URL key, and links will need to be updated.
- Clicking Layout will navigate to the content page in Edit Page mode, which loads the widget configuration panel and allows you to drag and drop widgets and adjust layouts.
- Clicking Delete will delete the content page. After you confirm that you want to delete the page, the page is not recoverable.
Adding content to a content page
After creating a new content page, you will likely want to navigate to the page by clicking the Edit Page button and adding content to your page. When you first navigate to a newly created page in Edit Page mode, you'll notice that the page looks fairly blank. Start searching for the widgets you would like to add to the page and start dragging and dropping to construct your page. Remember that you can also adjust the layout of the page For more about what widgets are available and how to configure them, please refer here.
Pointing users to the content page
There are several different ways that you can point users to your new content page. The most direct way is to link to your new page. You could also use a dashboard tab in Telligent Enterprise to point to the custom link; blog about the content page, or add a custom content widget to your site/group/blog home page to point users to the new page.