In order to install additional instances of Telligent add-ons (for example, Telligent Job Scheduler, Telligent Tasks Service or Mail Gateway), you must use the InstallUtil.exe installer tool included in the .net framework to install multiple instances of the service used by the add-on.
Installing multiple copies of an add-on
Install the first instance of the add-on
If you haven't yet done so, install the first instance of the service as normal. Make sure to note the directory where you install the add-on to, as you'll need this later on.
Copy the first instance's program files for additional instances
- Find the directory to which you installed the first instance of the service. This will typically be a folder under C:\Program Files\Telligent\ (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Telligent\ if on a 64 bit operating system).
- For each additional instance of the service you require, make a copy of this folder to another directory which will hold the additional instance of the task services (for example, to make a copy of the tasks service, copy C:\Program Files\Telligent\Telligent Evolution Tasks Service\ to C:\Program Files\Telligent\Telligent Evolution Tasks Service 2\).
Register additional instances of the add-on service
- Open a command prompt as an administrator.
- Change the current directory to c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ by using the following command:
- For each additional instance of the service you created above, run the following command, removing any line breaks and replacing PATHTOSERVICE with the path to the duplicated service
InstallUtil /name="SERVICENAME" "PATHTOSERVICE"
where SERVICENAME is a friendly name for the service (must be unique among all services installed on your computer) and PATHTOSERVICE is the path to the copy of the service you made - for example:
InstallUtil /name="Telligent Evolution Tasks Service 2" "C:\Program Files\Telligent\Telligent Evolution Tasks Service 2\Telligent.Tasks.Service.exe"
Configure the services
Now, configure each copy of the add-on (including the original instance if that was not already configured) as desired.
Uninstalling an add-on
If uninstalling the first instance of the service you set up, just run the add-on uninstaller from the Control Panel.
If uninstalling another instance of an add-on:
- Unregister the Windows service by running the same command as you used to install the service, but adding the /ucommand on the end - for example:
InstallUtil /name="Telligent Evolution Tasks Service 2" "C:\Program Files\Telligent\Telligent Evolution Tasks Service 2\Telligent.Tasks.Service.exe" /u
- Delete the directory containing the additional instance - for example, delete the C:\Program Files\Telligent\Telligent Evolution Tasks Service 2\ directory.