Resources specify individual words, phrases or sentences that are used throughout Telligent Enterprise. These text blocks are stored inside resource files so they can be localized into different languages and suit a Web site's branding without requiring changes to the core theme files. Nor is it necessary to know in which files text blocks are used. Resources are stored in Resource Files in the language pack's directory.
For more details about each resource file that Telligent Enterprise uses out of the box, as well as creating your own resource file, look at resource files below.
Individual resources are stored in Resource Files. The resource files used by Telligent Enterprise out of the box include:
- ApiErrorMessages.xml - Contains resources used by the API to create error messages.
- ApiWarningMessages.xml - Contains resources used by the API to create warnings.
- ControlPanelResources.xml - Contains most resources used by the Control Panel.
- MediaGallery.xml - Contains resources used by media galleries.
- MGResources.xml - Contains resources used by Mail Gateway.
- Resources.xml - Contains resources which don't fit elsewhere. This is the default resource file.
- Templates.xml - Contains resources used for abuse or content deletion emails.
- ThemeResources.xml - Contains resources used by the dynamic theme configuration.
You can create your own resource files in the Language Pack directory, which you can use in custom add-ons or theme modifications. If you are creating new resources, this is the recommended route because you do not have to worry about merging your changes into updated versions of the resource files that are shipped with Telligent Enterprise when you come to install a service pack or upgrade.
Custom resource files should use the following format:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<resource name="resourceName">text to display</resource>
<!-- Add more resources as required -->