Telligent WebParts for Microsoft SharePoint provides integration between Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Telligent Enterprise. These instructions apply to Telligent WebParts for SharePoint release v22.214.171.124677 or higher (i.e., “Version” located on the SharePointWebParts-126.96.36.199677.wsp file).
This package has been developed and tested on the following products:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Telligent Enterprise release 4.0
- Telligent Community release 7.0
Telligent WebParts for SharePoint supports both Windows and Forms Authentication. Regardless of the authentication mode, you must ensure both the username and email address match on both sides of an integration partnership. Telligent Enterprise sets user names and email addresses differently based on the authentication mode:
- In Windows Authentication, the username and email fields are populated by the Active Directory (AD) or LDAP provider.
- In Forms Authentication, the user enters those values directly when joining a community.
Usernames and email addresses in SharePoint are controlled by SharePoint's user profile import service. Configuring SharePoint's user profile imports is beyond the scope of this document.
Notes about creating a service account
Telligent WebParts for SharePoint require a service account to communicate between Telligent Enterprise and SharePoint. Create a new, separate account specific for this purpose. Do not use the account you installed SharePoint with or the account under which your SharePoint services run.
- This account needs to be configured in the Telligent Enterprise web.config file and the SharePoint site.
- The service account must be a member of the local Administrators group on the SharePoint server and must be assigned the Administrators role in the Telligent Enterprise installation.
- We will use SPIntegration as the service account user throughout the remaining documentation.
- If you are using Windows Authentication, you’ll want to create this service user in your Active Directory and log into Telligent Enterprise as the service account user. This will create a profile in Telligent Enterprise for the service account user. At this point, regardless of your authentication mode, you must log onto Telligent Enterprise using an administrative account and assign the service account user the Administrators role via the Membership Administration page in Control Panel.
- The service account must have the same valid email address configured in both SharePoint and Telligent Enterprise.
Installing Telligent WebParts for SharePoint
To install Telligent WebParts for SharePoint, follow these steps:
- Obtain the installation package from Telligent Support.
- Open the Extensions folder.
- Unzip the SharePointWebParts file.
- Configure Telligent Enterprise:
- Create the REST API key
- Configure SharePoint
- Deploy the SharePoint solution
- Activate site collection features
- Configure Telligent SharePoint WebParts
Configure Telligent Enterprise
An important note on SharePoint accounts: File synchronization requires user accounts to have the same username and email address in Telligent Enterprise and SharePoint. Managing user accounts in SharePoint is beyond the scope of this document. Please ensure you've properly planned for creating and maintaining your user accounts and their settings before moving forward with installing and configuring the WebParts.
Create the REST API key
You must create a REST API key for the service account (SPIntegration, in the example above).
- Log onto your Telligent Enterprise site as the service account user.
- Navigate to the API key management screen (Settings > Advanced Options > Create and Edit Application Keys).
- Enter a name for the key (“SharePoint Integration”) and click Generate.
- Copy the resulting API key value. You will need this when configuring your SharePoint site later.
For the following procedures, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products. Right-click SharePoint 2010 Management Shell and Run as administrator.
Deploy the SharePoint solution
Note: Start the SharePoint 2010 Administration service and enter the following commands in the SharePoint 2010 Management Shell:
- In Central Administration under Manage Farm Solutions Retract Solution from all Web Applications
- In Manage Farm Solutions Remove Solution
- Adding the solution to SharePoint:
- Add-SPSolution –LiteralPath “C:\SharePointWebParts-3.x\SharePointWebParts-3.x.wsp”
The LiteralPath is the path of the WSP file from the Telligent SharePoint WebParts folder.
- Activating and installing the solution:
- Install-SPSolution –Identity SharePointWebParts-3.x.wsp –WebApplication http://sharepoint –GACDeployment
The WebApplication should be the URL of your SharePoint Web application.
- Verifying the solution has been deployed type:
May take 1-3 minutes for status to update.
Activate site collection features
Telligent's WebParts for SharePoint have four features which must be activated for each site collection. You need to choose from two methods of activating the features:
Activate Telligent Enterprise features in SharePoint automatically
- Change directories in the Management Shell to the SharePointWebParts-3.x > Scripts folder.
- To enable all the features type:
Be sure to change http://sharepoint to the URL of your SharePoint site collection.
Activate Telligent Enterprise features in SharePoint manually
- Navigate to Site Actions > Site Settings.
- Click Site collection features.
- Activate Telligent WebParts for SharePoint.
- Activate Telligent Enterprise menu items.
- Click Site collection administration.
- Click Manage site features.
- Activate Telligent Enterprise search replacement for SharePoint 2010.
- Activate Telligent WebParts for SharePoint.
Configure Telligent WebParts for SharePoint
You must configure your SharePoint site to communicate with your Telligent Enterprise site.
- Log onto your SharePoint site as a Site Collection Administrator and as an Administrator on your Telligent Enterprise site.
- In your SharePoint site, navigate to the settings page: Site Actions > Site Settings > Telligent Evolution Settings > Global Settings.
- Enter the necessary information into the form:
- REST service settings
|Telligent Enterprise URL
||The URL to the root of the Telligent Evolution site you are integrating with, http://evolution.site:80 .
|REST owner user name
||The service account you're using for integration (SPIntegration in the examples above).
|REST ApiKey value
||The service account's API key created above.
- Cross-domain service settings
Note: These settings are only required if cross-domain authentication boundaries are required.
|Telligent Enterprise service account username
||The trusted proxy account used to authenticate the target domain.
|Telligent Enterprise service account password
||The password for the proxy service account.
|Telligent Enterprise service account domain
||The domain the proxy service account is in.
- Click Save when complete. After a successful connection is established, a green notification will appear towards the top of the page.
If the Telligent ID values are incorrect in SharePoint
It may be possible that the index IDs in forums, blogs and wikis are returned incorrectly. In order to resolve this issue, re-index your Telligent Enterprise site. For more details, see Search index problems.
If WebParts return Error 500
The Telligent Enterprise features on SharePoint need to be recycled. In the SharePoint 2010 Management Shell, change directories to the Telligent SharePoint Webparts > Scripts folder and type: .\RecycleFreatures.ps1 [SHAREPOINT SITE]