You can include a poll in your forum post to query readers and provide preconfigured answers they can use to respond. The poll can be configured when you first create the post, or it can be created when the post is edited. As readers respond to the poll, Telligent Enterprise tallies the response and allows you to view the results in an exportable report.
Poll results are always visible to any user who has viewing permissions to the forum containing the poll.
Only users with the Forum - create polls permission can create a poll.
Create a poll
- Create forum post, but do not click Post yet.
- Click the Poll tab.
- Select the Include a Poll in this Post check box. The poll question and answer fields appear.
- In the Question field, type the poll question.
- Optionally, type a description of the poll in the Description field.
- In the Add answer field, type your first answer option.
- Click Add.
- In the next Add answer field, type your second answer option.
- Click Add.
- Continue adding answers as necessary.
- Arrange the answer options by using the up and down arrows beside them.
- Optionally, in the Days field, you can specify how many days the poll will stay open.
- Click Post. The poll will appear as a forum thread.
After each reader votes, his/her vote will be tallied in the bottom-left corner as "Total votes: x."
Retrieve a poll user voting report
- Click on your post.
- Click the User Voting Report link at the bottom of the post.
The user voting report appears.
- If desired, click Export to create a *.csv file of the votes.