The media gallery Options page is accessible through the media gallery editing functionality. The Options page settings control the media gallery files. The file properties allow you to:
- Enable links to external files.
- Enable a file download disclaimer.
- Specify the file types that can be downloaded to the gallery.
- Restrict the file types that can be uploaded to the gallery.
To set the properties on the Options page:
Navigate to Control Panel > Media Gallery Administration > Galleries and Groups > Media Galleries > [gallery name] > Edit > Options.
Set the media gallery's options:
Enable External Links - Enable links to external files. Read more about downloading files to the media gallery.
Enable Download Disclaimer - Enables a download agreement located in the Languages folder of the Telligent Enterprise root folder. The user must accept the agreement before accessing a file.
Allowed File Extensions - Specifies the file types that can be downloaded to the gallery. Enter the extension types and separate with commas, for example: txt, png, pdf. If no file types are entered, then you can download any file types that are not restricted by the Restricted File Extensions property. If any file types are entered in the Allowed File Extensions field, then by default only those file types will be recognized as allowable files.
Restricted File Extensions - Specifies the file types that cannot be downloaded to the gallery. Enter the extension types and separate with commas, for example: txt, png, pdf. If you want to restrict certain file types, you will need to add them to the Restricted File Extensions field if the Allowed File Extensions field is empty.
Click Save to apply the settings.
- Settings - Specify the basic gallery properties such as the name and description as well as the list of owners, which are the users you will allow to upload, edit, and remove content from the gallery.
- Permissions - Assign media gallery permissions to user roles.
- Quotas - Specify the number of files that can be downloaded to the gallery and the total storage space allotted to gallery files.