In Telligent Enterprise, registered users can subscribe to daily or weekly group Email Digests that list out activity and originators for each application in the group.
Email Digest is enabled by default for a site, but users must actively subscribe to a group's feed in order to receive the digests. Also see Email Digest for more general information about this feature.
What you can and can't do with Email Digest, as a registered user:
- You can:
- Choose whether to receive a daily or weekly digest email;
- Subscribe to a digest for a Public Open group you don't belong to;
- Subscribe to a public group's activity if you're a group member;
- Subscribe to a private group's digest if you're a group member;
- Choose which of your groups you want to receive Email Digests from;
- Choose to receive Email Digests at different frequencies (such as daily or weekly) for different groups;
- Change how often to receive a digest for a group in the your subscription options using the Group - Email Digest widget or your Settings > Email Options page.
- You can't:
- Be automatically subscribed to a group's activities without actively selecting them; the default is that you're not subscribed;
- Combine groups into one digest;
- Select only some types of content (for example, forums but not wikis) for a group - you will receive notifications of all items;
- Select different digest frequencies in the same group.
The Group - Email Digest widget gives you options for daily digest subscription or weekly digest subscription.
In the Group - Email Digest widget, click the option you desire: daily or weekly. By default, the daily digest runs daily at midnight and provides activity that occurred before midnight of the day being reported; the weekly digest runs on Sunday at midnight and contains group activity that occurred before Sunday of the week being reported.
Select your Email Digest subscription frequency from your Settings Email tab
The Email tab in your Settings page gives you the option of selecting your Email Digest frequency.
By default, the Frequency option "Subscribe to group activities" indicates that you are not currently subscribed to a digest for a group.
- Beside the group you're a member of and want to change to change settings for, select the appropriate frequency:
- Daily digest via email
- Weekly digest via email
- Click Save.
For groups you're not a member of but have a subscription to, you can change the frequency under Other group subscriptions. However, to initiate a subscription to that group's email digests, you need to enable it from that group.
- If you are subscribed, select from:
- Daily digest via email (if you were previously subscribed to weekly)
- Weekly digest via email (if you were previously subscribed to daily)
- Do not send a digest (if you were subscribed to either daily or weekly digests). This option will say "Subscribe to group activities" after you select it.
- Click Save.