This is a new widget in Telligent Enterprise 4.0.
This widget lets you create a static site search on just about any site page. For example, if you want to create a static search for any mention of "product" and "awesome" in your community content, you can specify "product awesome" as the search term. The following search syntax operations are supported:
[term], example: dog pony
[term] OR [term], example: dog OR pony
[term] AND [term], example: dog AND pony
+[term], example: +dog +pony
-[term], example: +dog -pony
"[phrase]", example: "dog and pony"
[field]:[type], examples: type:blog pony, or title:"dog and pony"
[wildcard], example: dog*
Where it works
This widget works on just about any page on the site.
- This widget is part of the Default configuration for the platform, which means it is available for an administrator to add to any theme using the Manage Widgets tab.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page on the page, then select and place the Search Terms widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar.
It is possible to change the following options for this widget:
- Widget title - To do so, click Change and enter a new name in the Widget Title field.
- Search term - enter the terms and syntax you want to create a search for. See Supported search syntax for the types of operators you can use.
- Sort by -
- Date (descending) - Results are listed with the most recent result first.
- Date (ascending) - Results are listed with the oldest result first.
- Title (descending) - Results are listed in reverse alphanumeric order.
- Title (ascending) - Results are listed in alphanumeric order.
- Number of results to display - The number of items to display in the list.
- Load results asynchronously - If selected, this option enables the widget to use Ajax.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.