In Telligent Enterprise 4.5, the Notification Queue in the Site - User Navigation widget displays notifications of where a user or his groups are mentioned.
You can view the notifications about personal mentions in the new Notification Queue or new Live Alerts in the 4.5 release.
Telligent Enterprise 4.0 and 4.1 have an @mentions service that promotes social engagement by pulling community members and groups into a conversation. The service allows users to @mention other users or groups and link to their profiles page, or @mention groups and link to the group home page.
The @mention service is modularized to provide engagement for community members with community-internal content, and with third-party applications via the APIs.
The @mention service is is part of the core functionality of this release.
This release furthers social engagement using @mentions to link to community members, groups, and group applications into conversations. This feature can be used in the Quick Post, Activity Story Stream, posts, forum threads, forum replies, applications, and comments
When a member is @mentioned, that mention is displayed on the Site - User Navigation widget @ Mentions tab and the User - Navigation widget Mentions tab on the profile page.
When the group is @mentioned, the mention is shown in the Site - User Navigation widget @ Mentions tab, the Group - Application Navigation widget Mentions tab, and the Group - Links Mentions tab.
Mentions do not figure into content metrics.
As a registered user, you can @mention other community members using their username or display name; groups; and group applications in the activity stream; Quick Post; blog, media gallery, and wiki posts; forum threads and replies; applications, and comments. After you save your entry, the mentioned name turns into a link to the appropriate context, which would be a member's profile page; application page, or group homepage.
Mentions in rich text editors are not supported in Internet Explorer 8 and versions backward. They are supported in Internet Explorer 9.
For more information about developing with the like service, see Mentions.
Mention service email template APIs
Telligent Enterprise 4.0 includes the following mention service email template APIs.
Email template associated types
- Mention Email Template API Supplementary Type
- Mentionable Email Template API Supplementary Type
Email template extension
- $core_v2_mention Email Template Extension - Enables email templates to use mentions.
Mention service In-process APIs
Telligent Enterprise 4.0 includes the following mention service In-process APIs.
In-process associated types
- Mention In-Process API Supplementary Type
- Mentionable In-Process API Supplementary Type
- MentionableListOptions In-Process API Supplementary Type
- MentionListOptions In-Process API Supplementary Type
In-process API event arguments
- MentionAfterCreateEventArgs In-Process API Event Argument
- MentionAfterDeleteEventArgs In-Process API Event Argument
- MentionBeforeCreateEventArgs In-Process API Event Argument
- MentionBeforeDeleteEventArgs In-Process API Event Argument
In-process API services
- Mentionables In-Process API Service
- Mentions In-Process API Service
Telligent Enterprise 4.0 includes the following mention service plugin APIs.
Plugin associated types
- IMentionableFilter Plugin Supplementary Type
- IMentionController Plugin Supplementary Type
- IMentionableContentType Plugin Type
- IMentionContainingContentType Plugin Type
Telligent Enterprise 4.0 includes the following mention service REST API:
Mention REST endpoint
- List Mention REST Endpoint - LIST mentions.