The email and contact settings that the user has access to via his/her Settings are available to you as an administrator in the Control Panel, thus overriding the user's settings. However, any changes made as an administrator can be changed again by the user.
To modify any profile fields (those shown on the user's profile), you must impersonate the user (if using Telligent Community 5.x) to edit his/her profile directly.
Change basic email settings
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Membership Administration > Members and Roles > Manage Users.
The search capability appears.
- Search for the user for whom you want to change email settings.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Email and Contact Info tab.
- Change or verify the following settings:
- Specify or change the user's Private email address used for all email communication from your community. This email address is not publicly visible to any community members except the user.
- Disable emails for the user by setting Receive emails to No. The user will not receive any emails except for password reset notifications.
- If you want the user's emails to be sent in plain text format instead of HTML (which is the default), set Receive HTML emails to No.
- Specify additional properties:
- Send notifications - If the Receive emails option is enabled, the user receives notification of from forums, such as verified answer to a question posted in forums.
- Allow conversations from - Specifies which users can initiate conversations with the user.
- Public contact information - Email and IM contact information that users want to make visible to other users in the community.
- Click Save to apply the settings.
- Under Conversations configurations, decide whether to allow conversations for this user from all users (All users), friends (Friends only), or no one (None).
- Under Public contact information, set IDs that will be available to all community members, including:
- Public email address
- MSN IM name
- AOL IM name
- Yahoo IM name
- ICQ chat handle