Telligent Evolution supports pre-packaged widgets for customizing any of the pages in your community. Some widgets are assigned to the site by default, but you can disable any of the assigned widgets from your site theme or you can add widgets to the site theme. Some themes do not allow you to add or remove widgets.
Widgets can be added in the context of the site, group, or user. The widgets you can add to various pages depend upon their context. For example, Groups - Manage Members is not meaningful on a user home page.
- Click Enter Edit Mode in the upper-right corner.
The Edit Mode window appears, revealing options to change layout and add or remove widgets.
- If desired, search for the widget by name in the search bar.
- Drag the desired widget to the desired location.
- Choose your saving options:
- The left drop-down list is the name of the page. You can generally leave this as is, although it is handy to navigate to a page to edit that you can not immediately get to as an administrator (e.g., the Sign-In Page.)
- The right drop-down list is where you elect to either save this page with its new widget configuration as the new default page layout for all pages of this type in the community or to save it contextually as a "one-off" version of the page type you're configuring.
Select the desired option in the drop-down, and then click the appropriate saving option in the upper-right corner for that choice - Save contextually or Save as default.
- Click Exit Edit Mode. The change is saved, and the widget is viewable on the page (but may not have any content if there is none for it to contain).
Removing a widget has the same steps as adding a widget. However, you do not need to perform step 2 (search for the widget). In step 3, instead of dragging the desired widget onto the page, click the X in the upper-right corner of the widget. Then continue to save the page as directed.
The widget is removed from the page.