Telligent Evolution allows you to configure its out-of-the-box widgets when you launch the Customize Mode or enter Edit Mode to customize your pages. The widget configuration functionality is located in the upper-right corner of the widget.
When you click the icon, the widget opens in its configurable mode.
Unless a widget has been locked, you can at a minimum modify the widget title. A number of widgets have additional properties.
The description for each configurable widget also includes the .net string type. A typical .net string looks something like this:
The string contains the widget's class name ( CommunityServer.Controls.ContentFragments.AcceptInvitation) and the assembly within which the class is contained ( CommunityServer.Controls), separated by a comma. The string is required when you want to:
- Add markup translations
- Review theme export files
- Review database-stored widget configurations
This section contains articles and subsections about the following kinds of widgets:
- Blog widgets - General information, contact, and post listings.
- File gallery widgets - File options, navigation, and comments.
- Forum widgets - Post and thread options, navigation, and capture to a wiki.
- General widgets - Friendship and contact requests; navigation; tagging; embedding an external site.
- Groups widgets - Membership, contact, and navigation.
- Message widgets - Activity, announcements, comments, and conversation.
- User widgets - Specific user file settings, user list(s) and profiles, user status, and shared files.
- Wiki widgets - Comments, navigation, and content lists.
Additionally, it contains a section about properties you can customize in any configurable widget.