Telligent Evolution page customization functionality allows you to control users' options for customizing their Dashboards based on the permissions granted to their user role. You can also control group and blog customization through the Enable Theme Configuration property, which determines whether or not group and blog owners have access to configurable theme properties.
By default, all users have permission to customize their Dashboard page by adding, deleting, and customizing widgets, as well as customizing their page layout with a single click. Even though users are allowed to customize their dashboard, you can limit the available widgets by modifying the widget availability list in the Control Panel.
Along with user Dashboards, Telligent Evolution provides default out-of-the-box widget availability lists for groups and blogs, as well as site-wide settings. Page customization privileges are dependent on user roles. For example, a user with Everyone privileges will only be able to customize their Dashboard. System, group, and blog administrators, on the other hand, will be able to customize group and blog pages. Only system administrators will have customize privileges for all pages of the site.
To launch the customize functionality, click Customize on any page on which you want to add a widget.
The list of available widgets for that page displays across the top of the page.
This section contains the following articles:
- Add widgets - Use the Dashboard/Home Page Customize button to add member, content, and configuration widgets to the Dashboard.
- Change pages via customize mode - Change the Dashboard/Home Page with widgets, layout, profile options.
- Change pages via edit mode - Use this mode to change the physical layout (i.e., columns and areas) of the Dashboard/Home Page.
- Create ads - Enable advertisement and regional advertisement widgets on the Dashboard.
- Create custom navigation - Specialize your site's navigation with multiple navigation bars and customized contents.
- Creating content pages - Create searchable custom pages that contain links, RSS
feeds, or any other information available through our many widgets.
- Dashboard - Enable/disable user customization or lock specific widgets on the Dashboard/Home Page.
- Delete a widget - Remove a widget that was previously added to a Dashboard/Home Page.
- Enable/disable customize mode - Allow or deny users the right to customize their dashboards.
- Make welcome.aspx the default login page for members - Modify web.config to direct community members to a specific welcome page.
- Reset all pages to their defaults - Remove any customizations you have executed for page layout and content.
- Reset all user dashboards to defaults - Remove any customizations applied to user dashboards/home pages.
- Select a page layout - Select the number of columns (or areas) the Dashboard/Home Page utilizes and how they are laid out.
- Widget availability - Determine which widgets are available to users for customizing their dashboards.