New in Telligent Evolution 5.5: Telligent Evolution includes the following email enhancements:
- Email templates have been updated for formatting and other issues.
- An email template update has been added for muting a thread.
- Mail Gateway checks a user's permissions to ensure he/she has read rights before allowing him/her the contents of an application.
- When users unsubscribe from a group, they are automatically unsubscribed from all sections within it.
- If a forum or blog post contains no subject, the first 64 characters of the post are substituted as a subject.
- Wiki links in email have been replaced with actual links.
The Email page allows you to specify email control options for a blog including email notification, contact, and comment notification properties.
To set the blog email properties:
In your blog list, click the name of the blog.
- In the Options panel, click Edit blog settings.
Navigate to Configure > Blog Setup > Email.
Set the Email page properties:
Email Notification - Specifies whether you want to be notified when a reader adds a comment to a post. Emails are sent to the private email address you specify in your profile. If the Send notifications option is disabled in your profile, you will not receive email notifications even if the Email Notification property is enabled on this page.
Multi-user Blogging - If the blog has multiple authors, this field specifies whether all authors receive email notifications of reader feedback. Multiple authors are specified when you set up a blog. The Multi-user Blogging option is grayed out if you select Do not send email in the Email Notification option.
Enable the Contact Me Form - Specifies whether the blog displays your email so readers can contact you. You can customize your blog page and add the blog contact author widget, as shown in the example below.
Contact Email Address - Email address to which user contact requests are sent.
Send Notifications for SPAM Comments - Specifies whether you want to review all comments on your blog before they are published. If the Send Notifications for SPAM Comments option is enabled, you can review the comments on the Comments page of the Control Panel Managing Blogs section.
Moderation Notifications - Number of comments needing moderation before you are notified of the comments.
Click Save to apply the settings.