Refer to the following articles if you have questions or receive errors during your Telligent Evolution installation:
- Common things to check when using forms authentication - Problem-solving advice for common issues when configuring or using forms authentication.
- Common Web farm questions - A FAQ about how/where to store user media; handle authentication; know where to install SOLR; perform search indexing tasks.
- Configuration problems - Configuration error(s) shown in the event log.
- Email problems - Problems with full content not showing in email.
- Error when upgrading from SOLR version 1.3 to 1.4 - What to do when you can't load SOLR after upgrading it.
- Exception message when deleting forum post, or you've deleted the administrative group - How to handle an exception error that Telligent Evolution "cannot insert the value null into column 'SectionID'."
- Exceptions - How to obtain support for interpreting exceptions.
- Fix access to uploaded files - The troubleshooting procedure to follow when you run into errors while trying to upload or access uploaded avatars, Web-linked files, and development files.
- CFS on the Visual Studio development server - Learn why CFS does not work with Telligent Evolution in Visual Studio, and what to use instead.
- Enable AllowDotInPath in UrlScan - Fix access problems in accessing user-uploaded content containing one or more dots in the name/URL.
- Enable integrated pipeline on IIS7 - Fix problems in which IIS is not working because it can't access Telligent Evolution's CFS.
- Set file permissions - Fix problems which, in a general sense, are file access permissions problems - but which present as problems with being able to access the Telligent Evolution site (incorrect web folder permissions or Network Service/ASP.NET account permissions) or being unable to access media storage areas.
- Friendly error messages - These can be enabled to avoid intimidating a user with complex error messages; however, they do require a little more effort for troubleshooting. This article tells you how to locate the problems they indicate and to disable the option if desired.
- Loading an image in-line - What to do if the image you upload in-line in a blog results in getting a File Download pop-up instead of the image.
- Search index problems - If search results are not the expected results, or if they contain incorrect data, refer to this article.
- Search stop words - What to do if a your search terms include a word that causes search to malfunction.
- SiteUrls.config error - This error frequently occurs when you can't access the Telligent Evolution site. The problem is frequently in your site configuration files.
- Sorry, there was a problem with your last request message - A friendly error message. This article tells you how to locate the cause of the access problem, or how to disable this intermediary type of message.
- Telligent Evolution will not open - If an access problem occurs after installing, upgrading, or moving Telligent Evolution to another server, this article helps you troubleshoot the cause. Additionally, the following articles can also help.
- Enable or install ASP.NET - Install the .NET client so that you can assign it the correct folder permissions. (If the .NET client doesn't exist or doesn't have the correct permissions, it keeps Telligent Evolution from opening.)
- Telligent Evolution site exceeded license message - What to do if your site receives this message and will not perform other functions.
- Telligent Job Scheduler - In release 5.6 and later, use this service to run your tasks.
- Test your LDAP connection - How to use ldap-diag.aspx to test your LDAP connection.
- Troubleshoot search errors
- Refer to this article if SOLR is unresponsive; if there are
OutOfMemory errors, or you need general information about
troubleshooting a Tomcat installation or multiple instances of SOLR
running on two or more hosts.