You must have the create blog posts privilege to create a blog post. Telligent Evolution provides you with three options for creating a blog post:
- Quick Post - You can only create blogs for groups to use this functionality.
- New Post - Available in the group, blog, and blog post context.
- Write a Blog Post - Available in the blog links widget. This option is available only if the blog links widget is enabled and configured to include the Write a Blog Post function.
If you create a new post at the site root (http://<yoursite>/b/default.aspx), the New Post button drop-down list will be scoped to the first 10 alphabetical names of any blog in the entire site where you have permission to post.
The full blog properties are available only through the New Post and Write a Blog Post options. When you use one of these options, the Write page opens in the Control Panel.
The above example shows the Write page with the major blog fully configured. However, some of the tabs may not be available to you based on how the administrator has configured blogs for your site. Each tab contains configurable properties. The tabs include:
Full capabilities include the ability to attach a media file or to link to a URL. These files are restricted by the named file extensions in the Control Panel.
- To attach a file, click Select File, click Browse in the Attach File dialog box to navigate to the file, and click Save.
- To link to a URL, click Select File, and type the URL in the Link to URL field. Click Save.